Intensive Outpatient program (IOP)
Our intensive outpatient program (IOP) offers the same comprehensive services as our residential addiction treatment program, except clients are free to live outside of the center in a personal residence or sober living home. In short, the program allows patients more flexibility to attend to school, work, and family responsibilities.
Also, many IOP clients have successfully completed a detox and inpatient program and have already obtained the skills required to maintain sobriety in a partially unsupervised but supportive environment.
Intensive outpatient treatment includes group therapy sessions several days per week and members discuss and offer input into transitional experiences and help support one another in both their achievements and setbacks.
- Comprehensive assessment and treatment planning
- Medication management
- Psychiatric services
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health conditions
- Holistic approaches such as art and music therapy
- Aftercare planning, including referrals to sober living facilities
IOP is a “Step Down” Program
Step down programs are less intensive and offer patients more independence as they transition through the continuum of care. Moreover, IOP is ideal following discharge from an inpatient or partial hospitalization program to provide ongoing support and therapeutic services while the client readjusts to life outside of rehab.
Is Intensive Outpatient Treatment Right For You?
Clients who participate in intensive outpatient treatment…
- May require more flexibility due to personal responsibilities.
- May suffer from less a severe addiction.
- May have completed a residential treatment or partial hospitalization program.
- Are developing the coping skills required to deal with adversity and external influences that may contribute to relapse.
- Have a good support system either at home or in a peer group or community.setting